Sunday, August 26, 2007

Would you still have chosen me...?

Zach wrote this song, one of his earliest (2001 or 2002), and I always wanted him to play it for me. The chords to this are somewhere... I still remember how it went if anyone ever wants to hear it -- it was mellow and thoughtful.

I don't want this to be just another empty song
I need you and I have known it all along
So why did I leave you, why did I run away?
But even in all my doubts you knew I'd be back someday

Where has the light gone, I cannot go on
I tried to run my own race, but fallen down without your grace
I cannot live this way or make it through another day
I cannot live this way or make it through... another day

I didn't think I needed you, didn't think I wanted to
Follow what you had for me, I ran and thought that I was free
I tried to do it on my own, but now I'm lost and so alone
Lost in my world of sin, but you still will take me in

What are you looking for? What do you hope to find?
Would you still have chosen me, if you'd known ahead of time
How much I am missing, how much that I don't have
Would you still have reached down for the burden of my hand?

0 comments: